Flood Insurance in New Jersey

For people in some parts of the country, floods aren't a huge worry when it comes to property damage. If you live in an area like Wall Township, NJ where floods are a bit more common, however, you may need flood insurance for your home.

Home Insurance & Floods

The first thing you need to understand when it comes to flood coverage is that it's not included in your home insurance policy. Your home insurance may cover things like fires and storms, but floods and earthquakes are almost never covered. Since New Jersey is susceptible to flooding, it's a good idea to talk to your insurance agent about whether flood insurance is right for your home.

Flood Zones

So, how do you know if the area you're in is likely to flood? The best way to figure out whether or not you need flood insurance is to look at the map of flood zones created by FEMA. These flood zone maps show you where floods are more likely to happen, including spots where floods are extremely frequent. If you live in a high-risk flood zone, having insurance is a smart idea.

Is It Required?

The interesting thing about flood insurance is that it's actually required in some cases. Any federal or federally insured lender will require you to have flood coverage for your New Jersey home if you live in a flood zone. You can figure out whether or not that's the case by looking at the Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) created by FEMA. Even if you aren't required to have flood insurance, it's good to have that extra protection.

The last thing you want is to not have flood insurance in the wake of a serious flood. The good news is, getting flood insurance for your Wall Township, NJ home is easy with Creative Risk Management LLC. Call an agent today to find out more about getting flood coverage for your home.

Request A Quote